[GRADLE-851] archiveBaseName part in artifact's name is always in upper case Created: 14/Mar/10  Updated: 04/Jan/13  Resolved: 24/Nov/10

Status: Resolved
Project: Gradle
Affects Version/s: 0.8
Fix Version/s: 0.9-rc-1

Type: Bug
Reporter: Zsolt Kúti Assignee: Hans Dockter
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0


Despite using a lower case archiveBaseName, it is in upper case in the artifact's name.

Comment by Hans Dockter [ 02/Apr/10 ]

Could you send us a test case where this is happening. I can't reproduce it.

Comment by Zsolt Kúti [ 03/Apr/10 ]

No wonder, because no issue exists...
I tried to reproduce it with a test project and realized that from "archiveBaseName" an "s" is missing. As my original project root dir had the same name as I wanted to use with archivesBaseName, but in upper case, it seemed as if this property mistakenly got uppercase. With this test at least I learned how the default is formed...
Sorry for the confusion!

Comment by Hans Dockter [ 06/Apr/10 ]

Thanks for figuring this out. Gradle could do a better job here though. If archivesBaseName would not be a global variable but attached to some context, such a typo could be figured out.

For example:

archives.baseName = ... // works fine
archive.baseName = ... // would throw an exception
archives.basesName = ... // would throw an exception
Generated at Wed Jun 30 11:40:34 CDT 2021 using Jira 8.4.2#804003-sha1:d21414fc212e3af190e92c2d2ac41299b89402cf.